God created man and woman out of love and commanded them to imitate his love in their relationship with each other. Man and woman were created for each other…Woman and man are equal in human dignity, and in marriage both are united in an unbreakable bond. (United States Catholic Catechism for Adults, Ch. 21, p. 279)
Congratulations on your engagement! If you would like to have your wedding at St. Edward the Confessor Parish, which consists of St. Edward the Confessor Catholic Church and San Felipe de Jesus Chapel, please contact us at least six months prior to your proposed wedding date. You or your fiancée must be a baptized Roman Catholic to be married in the Church. As with most sacraments, a preparation program is required for couples requesting the Sacrament of Matrimony.
Wedding liturgies are celebrated at St. Edward the Confessor Church and San Felipe de Jesus Chapel on Saturdays at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. Occasionally a wedding may be celebrated on a Friday based on the availability of the church or chapel and a priest. Friday weddings may only be scheduled at 1:00 p.m. when our parish school is in session. Your wedding date and time cannot be reserved until you meet with one of our priests.
Getting Started If you, your fiancée, or your parents are registered members of St. Edward the Confessor Parish you may request to have your wedding at our parish. If you or your fiancée reside in our parish boundaries (cities of Dana Point and Capistrano Beach) but are not registered members, you may also request to be married here. To request a wedding simply complete the Wedding Registration Form 2017 and return it to our Parish Office at least six months prior to your desired wedding date. One of our priests will contact you within 72 hours of receiving your form.
If you and your fiancée live outside our parish boundaries and are not registered parishioners please click here Non Parishioner Request for Wedding for information about being married at our parish.
You will find links for more information about marriage preparation and planning your wedding at St. Edward the Confessor Parish listed below. We look forward to celebrating the Sacrament of Matrimony with you.
Click on the links below for more information.
- Preparing for the Sacrament
- Documents Required for the Sacrament of Matrimony (PDF)
- Marriage Preparation Programs –A marriage preparation program is required to be completed before your wedding. This is separate from wedding planning described below. It is to your advantage to do marriage preparation as early in your engagement as possible before the details of your wedding become time-consuming. Two options are available:
- A workshop is offered at St. Edward’s Parish several times each year. For more information and to register click here: Marriage Preparation Workshop 2018.
- A weekend experience is offered locally and throughout the United States. For information and to register visit Catholic Engaged Encounter website.
- As a supplement to either of these programs, a pre-marriage relational aid is offered by our parish called FOCCUS© (Facilitating Open Couple Communication, Understanding and Study). See a description on the FOCCUS website. To find out more and to register, contact one of the certified FOCCUS facilitators in our area listed below:
- Gary & Wendy Tucker GTucker @ Stedward.com
- John & Rosemary Kane RKane@Stedward.com
- Planning Your Wedding
- Wedding Coordinator, Rehearsal and Wedding Day Wedding Coordinator